I have been in France for exactly one month. During my month here... a lot has happened, most of which I never thought would. Our original plans didn't work out (as they never do) and now I'm spending longer in a country where I have no understanding of the language, and most people have very little understanding of mine.
Natalie and I arrived in Paris at 2 PM instead of 9 AM after a delayed flight in Texas. Natalie took some Tylenol PM so she could sleep on our flight...so during the entire delay she was drugged and out of it while I had to try and get her and our stuff on the plane. Originally...we were delayed for mechanical problems. That took about an hour to fix...we load the plane, get situation...go to take off and a generator blows on the runway. We sat on the plane for awhile while they decided what to do...and they had us de-board. 8:40 rolls around...and they tell us they have another plane, but we have to be on with the doors closed by 9 PM or we lose the flight staff. It was an interesting experience to say the least.
We get to Paris, finally. And all of my luggage is broken. Literally...all of my luggage. One bag has a giant rip in it...one bag is missing a wheel - it was a nightmare. We met Luca at the airport (THANK GOD) and he helped us with our luggage and getting on the subway.
We stayed in the suburbs of Paris in an area called Robinson. Once we got to Robinson, we had more trouble. First..the subway passes are only valid for a certain amount of time so we couldn't exit the gate because we no longer had valid tickets. Luckily, we met some nice people and they used their card to get us and all of our luggage out. Then...the directions for the apartment were RIDICULOUS. It took us forever to find the apartment. We met a man who tried to help us and let his use his phone and waited with us until we met up with the lady who led me to the apartment. It was actually quite nice, and worked out better I think. The area was quiet and there was a grocery store (Carrefour) right next to the apartment...so we cooked dinner every night and just bought a subway pass to travel around.
 |
| Shower in Paris. |
 |
| The Louvre |
 |
| Eiffel Tower |
 |
| Moulin Rouge |
 |
| Eiffel Tower |
 |
| arc de triomphe |
 |
| sacre coeur |
 |
| Luca, me, Natalie of us in front of the Eiffel Tower |
 |
| Natalie and I...Notre Dame |
 |
| Catacombs |
 |
| Catacombs |
 |
| Arc de Triomphe |
 |
| Subway |
 |
| Restaurant older than the US |
 |
| Eiffel Tower by Day |
 |
| Notre Dame |
 |
| Catacombs |
 |
| Eiffel Tower by night. |
I actually really enjoyed my 4 days in Paris....and I would recommend everyone go at least once in their life if they are given the chance. After Paris..we went to a town called Tours.
No comments:
Post a Comment